The Writing World is the most wonderful thing, I have ever dived into with everything I had…
Surely, there’s all the wondering, the doubts, the trouble and all the endless typing, that doesn’t seem to go anywhere good…… AND THEN! Suddenly, everything falls into place, and you have that wonderful and finale result. What then….
Well, if you were like me, you were so busy writing, editing and getting that book done, that I totally forgot about all the marketing, and creating a “Fanbase” of course there was people around me, wanting to read the book, but there wasn’t the line of people waiting for the release…. So, of course… I needed to get right on that, and here’s where the Kindness comes into the picture. Throughout my writing journey, I discovered how wide and kind the Writing World is…. There’s always people almost waiting for you to ask for help, (okay, maybe not waiting).. But, you get the point. All you have to do is ask, and keep asking… there’s always someone who wants to help.
All the people, (not alot) I have come by, have all been so kind to me… Even when I felt like a Spash, not understanding anything, but they have been patient and kind. I was asking and asking, and they simply replied in a calm and kind voice, there had been so many incredible people, that have touched my work, even without knowing it…
So, even though I have been babbling on… I do have some advice for you… 6 Tips for getting Self-Pulished, before and after… I didn’t do it, the way I will suggest, but you will learn from my mistakes. 🙂
- Brand Yourself; if you are not that active on the social medias or on the internet over all, there’s no need to fear, that you won’t reach the world. I tried to share all my progress and writing with the world, through: Instagram, Pinrest, WeHeartIt, Tumblr, Mirakee and Facebook, trying to promote myself on somehow, on Instagram I follow a lot of Readers and Writers, so they could get to know me as a writer… getting followers, every time I posted something, of course there are so many other ways…. Youtube, have become so popular, for me, I have been struggling with the thought of seeing myself on a Vlog, I’m still circling around the idea, but I’m not there yet. If, you are into that, go for it right away, share what you have done, learned and experienced… Some ideas you had or the ways you are writing or getting your progress, there’s always someone who can gain something from that… Then, I started blogging, I had never imagined, that I would ever get to make Blogs, but here I am blogging, still getting followers, I don’t have the most, but there’s a few and the numbers are rising. Promote and Brand yourself, on the ways that suits you the best…
- Author Central and Good Reads; Creating an Author Central Profile, is a way to promote yourself on Amazon, where Readers easily can find you, when you get that far. Good Reads, is an amazing place to get great reviews. Creating those will get you a few steps ahead of where I was in the beginning.
- Book Cover Design; There’s a lot of ideas onm creating that perfect cover for your book. Everybody always says; “Don’t judge, a book by it’s cover.” Let’s face it, people will judge your book by it’s cover. There’s numerous suggestions on the internet for Book Cover Designs, you can create your own through photo stocks or you can pay a professional. Through another Author’s videos, I ended up with a design by Damonza.com. I made a sketch by hand, send the picture to the designer, along with some other things needed. I loved working with this designer, I icked a few of the photo from thier portfolio, to get an idea of colors and light of the cover, all that… I had imagined, that it would take a least five adjustments to get the cover done, but when that mail, ticked in and I opened it, WOW… I was instantly in love with the design, of course everything has a price, but to me I didn’t think it so expensive, in all for E-Book Cover, and a Print Full Cover with front cover, blurb and spine, for a total of; 299,- USD. So, if you are willing to pay, Damonza.com is an incredible designer.
- Editing and Read Throughs; Well, as it goes for Editing, you can pay your way our of anything…. You can pay an editor to do the work for you, or your can do it yourself, of course it takes a lot more time, and struggle from your side; but believe you me, You will learn alot from that experience; I think I edited the novel three times before I was satisfied, an Editor will take one Edit… Reading through, well you basically read your story a hundred times, before anybody else gets the chance, but I discoverd something quiet nice, for Windows, there’s an App, called: Read Aloud, you can copy and paste any texts, and press play; Voila, you have your own Audio Book, (kind of).. I copied a chapter or a scene at a time, pasting and pressing play, getting Read Aloud, to read aloud for me, the perfect way, to correct the errors, that your mind and eye missed. It’s so easy, and a nice way to read YOUR book in a new way. So, go for Read Aloud.
- Manuscript with Word. When the novel is done, you need to create a printable manuscript, again and again, you can always pay someone to do this for you, but again… Bla, bla, bla.. You can learn so much from that. I learned so much by doing it myself… about Word too, so many amazing ways to create the manuscript. The first thing I did, was chosing a font and size; Californian FB in size 11. I chose different fonts for my chapters, playing around with it, making it quiet nice. Then you create the perfect Margins for your novel, for a printable manuscript. There’s always walk-throughs on Youtube or Google, to get the basic ideas and get some amazing tools, to play and work with, and on somehow, the work becomes something quiet fun to do.
- So, when you are through with all of the other steps, you will be ready to get into the Publishing, going to Amazon, scrolling down and clicking on; Publish with Us! and follow the steps, and voila you are a Published Author. Before you publish, there’s a few things that is a good idea to have written down; IBAN Nr and Bic Code… Taxes info… Your wishes for prices, as an E-book and Print. The file of your book, and the cover; both, Front and Full Cover. And, of course the blurb, and a Author image, if your like that… And, I can promise you this; there’s nothing better, then pressing that botton; Pulish Your Novel, and then seeing that book/novel… YOUR BOOK/NOVEL… And I am sure you will love it and succed with it.
There’s a few tips… Hope you enjoy!!
Happy Writings and Love to you all.